Yay! I have finally completed decorating k's bathroom. As I mentioned previously, k's bathroom has been almost done for months. I finally got focused and worked on the final details in his bathroom until I was done. Since we all have been sick around here, I did little things each day until I was happy with the results.
Here is the bathroom before the makeover. Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures. These were taken not long after move in and before I had this blog.
|k's bathroom before makeover. Bathroom could use a mirror. ;)|
Lets see the after pictures, shall we. :)
|k's bathroom - After|
|New light fixture and mirror. Ikea Smila Sol on ceiling.|
|ABC shower curtain.|
|Tub area and toy basket.|
|View from bathtub.|
|Mama and baby tree decal.|
|More tree decals and full view of the Ikea Smila Sol light.|
|BATH wall words and wall art I created.|
What do you think? I am very happy with the way it turned out! It is fun being in there with all the tree decals and the sun above. K loves his bathroom, too. However, he insist that I am the little tree and he is the big one. ;)
One thing I really like about this makeover is that no painting was involved. The neutral color of the existing wall paint works well with the bold colors. This is great if one is unable to paint walls or lives in an apartment. Decals, wall art, and accent pieces can make a huge impact and make up for lost color in a room. For those wondering, the Ikea Smila Sol light is not wired. I had been wanting something on the ceiling bathroom and when I saw the Smila Sol light, I knew I wanted a sun image. I had thought about looking on-line for some sun decals, but decided on the Smila Sol for the size and 3D effect it would have.
I had fun making the wall art above his toilet. The subway art is available as a printable and I may have the ABC art available as well. The wall art that reads Sunshine Maker is k's nickname I gave him when he was born. He can truly bring sunshine to those around him. :)
As always, here is a breakdown of the room.
- Existing wall color - Olympic paint in Tightrope #D15-2
- Light fixture, towel bar, hand towel ring, and toilet roll holder purchased at Lowes. It is the Gatco Latitude 2 Collection.
- Cabinet Hardware - Purchased at the Home Depot.
- Bathtub toy basket - Purchased at Target. It is held in place with two satin nickel Command Strip Hooks.
- ABC shower curtain - Target.
- ABC cup - Target.
- Bathroom rug - Target.
- Bathroom Towels - Target.
- Soap pump and garbage can - Target. I bought these a while ago. Happy I found them in a box in the basement.
- Green step stool - Target.
- Espresso wall shelves - Target
- BATH and the letter K wall letters - Michaels. I spray painted them in Valspar, Indigo Streamer and Island Orange.
- Mini faux succulent plants - Michaels.
- Faux plant on vanity and vase - Ikea
- Picture Frames - Ikea, Nyttja frame. They were white and I spray painted them in Rustoleum, Oil Rubbed Bronze. Be sure to use primer first. Also, these frames are kid friendly since the center is plastic and not glass. :)
- Smila Sol ceiling lamp - Ikea
- Mirror - Big Lots. It was a medium brown and I spray painted it in Rustoleum, Oil Rubbed Bronze. Be sure to use primer first.
- Shower curtain rod - Wallmart.
- Tree decals - Amazon. AMAZING DEAL! $3.39! I bought three of them since I made two trees and wanted to create lots of branches and add my own style to all of them. I did have to use a Elmers glue stick a little bit. I know it was because of the textured walls in the bathroom. As a test, I stuck a decal on the bathroom door and it stuck just fine. At $3.39, I am not going to complain. :) We all know that decals (especially large ones) can get very expensive.
Okay, lets do a side by side before and after. Those are fun!
|Boy Bathroom - Before and After|
|Boy Bathroom - Before and After|
There you have it! This bathroom is finally done! *does dorky happy dance*
Have a superb weekend everyone! May you complete whatever projects you are working on. :)
Update: I have made the ABC wall art available for print.
Linking this post to:
HouseOfHepworths , ThirtyHandmadeDays , ChicOnAShoestringDecorating , BecomingMartha , NavyWifeyPeters , ClassyClutter , TooMuchTime , DIYShowOff , AlderberryHill , ByStephanieLynn , TheDedicatedHouse , TodaysCreativeBlog , SomedayCrafts , JoyfulHomemaking , ThriftyDecorChick , It'sOverflowing , NotJustAHousewife , BloomingHomestead , HouseOfRose